Sunday, February 14, 2016

Nurse Summers begins

Hello and welcome to the new serial. This is a character that I created last year for David Wellington's Fear Project, but the story seemed to take on a life of it's own. Before long I found myself deep in vampire lore and making a vampire of my own.  This is the culmination of that work. Should everything work out well (computers not exploding and what not) I should have a new chapter for you each Sunday.

A few questions I would like to address before you get started. I don't feel any of these are spoilers, more questions that came up a few times during the creation process.  Many of them will be addressed in the story, but knowing it shouldn't lessen the impact.

1) This is not Buffy Summers. I had wanted to use a name that was opposite of her grim demeanor in the first chapter. Summer seemed like the perfect opposite and it wasn't until my wife read it that she pointed out the Buffy reference.  Not that it's a bad thing, but these vampires don't dust when you kill them. The amount of blood would more aptly belong in an Evil Dead movie.  If you want to imagine this is a different Buffy for a different world you can, but I won't support it.

2) The setting is very modern times. As much as I'd like to do a throwback, the story doesn't belong there.

3) Vampires only started existing in this world about 20 years ago. Before that time they were the villains of the silver screen and novels alike.

4) These aren't your normal vampires, you'll understand as you get into the story. You will get into the explanations as the story goes on, but know that if you're expecting Bram Stoker you'll be sorely disappointed.

A final note, this is your last week to find "A Wolf in Patchwork Clothing" on the site. It'll be pulled down when I post next week's chapter. You will be able to find it online on Amazon both in print and in Ebook format.


No comments:

Post a Comment